Playing in National League 3 Midlands, Birmingham & Solihull Rugby Club wishes to appoint a new forwards coach to build upon the good work that has been achieved in recent years to further strengthen the development of all senior and junior rugby at the club.
Reporting to the club’s Head of Rugby, key responsibilities of this wide-ranging role include: -
• Development and delivery of specialist coaching to individuals and players’ units (set piece) to support the Performance Pathway for all senior squads.
• Development and delivery of agreed forward play strategy to the Performance Pathway for all senior squads.
• Attend all training and games, ensuring that the team is prepared to perform to its full potential.
• Being an ambassador for all rugby-related matters at the club, the local community and the wider rugby family
Although not a full-time position, the nature of the role will require the successful candidate to be able to put the requisite time and commitment into the job.
Applicants for this role should ideally have many (but not necessarily all) of the following attributes:-
• Hold a Level 2 Rugby Union Coaching Qualification
• Previous management/coaching/ and/or playing experience in senior rugby sides
• Have vision, drive, ambition and determination
• Excellent leadership and communication skills, with the ability to engage and motivate at all levels
• Be hard- working, honest, trustworthy and able to buy into and positively shape the culture and ethos at the club
The club welcomes all applicants and interested parties should send a CV with any relevant information to support their application to Pete Glackin, Head of Rugby at Birmingham & Solihull Rugby Club, email@example.com .
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence. The closing date for applications is Friday 19th May, with interviews taking place late May.
The club would wish to have the selected candidate in post from early June onwards (no later than 30th June) to be ready for pre-season.
Updated 10:46 - 16 May 2017 by Richard Smith